Saturday, April 13, 2013

Losing Battle Nonsense

I apologize in advance if I offend anyone with this post, but I hate the phrase "lost his/her battle with cancer". If I end up dying of this wretched disease, I ask that whomever writes my obituary kindly leaves this phrase out. Cancer is truly a battle. Every day people with cancer wake up, put on armor and gear up for whatever challenge lies ahead: doctor appointment after doctor appointment, surgery, recovery, radiation, chemo, side effects, physical pain, emotional pain, mustering up strength to deal with their own diagnosis or prognosis all while trying to make everyone around us believe everything is ok. We fight this battle because cancer gives us no choice. We fight this battle because we want to see our children grow up. We fight this battle because we want to live here on Earth and make a difference in people's lives and leave a legacy, as cliche as it sounds. We fight this battle to show God that we trust Him, and when the battle is over, we don't lose. Cancer never wins. We win and the prize is eternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment