Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wrapped In Support

I'm sitting here wrapped in the most precious quilt, a quilt created through the generous hands of some of the most thoughtful people in my life, including people who never even picked up a needle and thread. An idea born in the mind of one friend and carried out by many more. I see the concern in their faces. Cancer is something people do not know how to respond to. People don't know if they should talk to me about it or not. They aren't sure of what to say or how to say it. This quilt speaks loud and clear the hearts of so many people. People who gave up their time and talent, whether they thought they possessed it or not, to speak their hearts. This quilt will go with me to chemo on Friday and stay with me often throughout my treatment and beyond. I will feel the warmth of the material, but mostly I will feel the warmth of the individuals who made it wrapped around me.

2 comments:

  1. Mrs.Lyng my mom says that sometimes a quilt is warmth and careness/ support which is made from someone who cares about you.

    ReplyDelete