Thursday, April 22, 2010

Cancer: An Emotional Rollercoaster

Last week that rollercoaster was sitting at the very top of the first steep incline, but as of today, I feel that coaster car creepy down . . . albeit slowly.
Tell me something. Why do doctors get our hopes up only to have another doctor snap us right back down to reality? Looks like chemotherapy for me. Not what I expected, but I can roll with it. See, it wasn't even that which slapped me across the face so hard, but it was when the doctor examining me today felt a lump in my other breast that sent the coaster heading full speed into a brick wall. What?! Now, he told me not to worry, the MRI I had two weeks ago would have picked this up if it were something to be concerned about. Really, Doctor?! Don't worry? I will know more tomorrow.
The up side is, now I know a little more about the seriousness of the word "aggressive". It means if there is even one cell that broke off my tumor when they removed it, it could metastasize somewhere else quickly. My tumor is also not a candidate for hormone therapy. Hence, chemo. I will know more in a week. So many appointments, so much confusion. But it's all good. Don't get me wrong, it'll suck for a while, but I have to believe the end results will be "all good".

7 comments:

  1. It will be! I believe it will be! I love you! Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. The end is always good because He is in control. He will get you thru this. Hair is hair, nothing more. Chemo is tough but you and He are tougher. For me, hearing that there was suspicion about the other side was good news. I no longer had to fight to get the doctors to deal with the other side. Now I would be attacking both sides and not have to worry afterwards that something may develop later. So, maybe it is a blessing. And the chemo, that just means that you get to use the biggest guns to fight this thing. No regrets later that you didn't fight hard enough.
    email me, if you want to talk.
    tlccreates@gmail
    hugs
    the Cz mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toni - what a crazy emotional time. Stand strong, there are soon many people cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "When two of you get together on anything at all on earth and make a prayer of it, my Father in heaven goes into action. And when two or three of you are together because of me, you can be sure that I'll be there." MT 18:20 - I am with you in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey you.. I am sitting here in the computer lab just checking in. I want to cry right now but there are too many students sitting around me. You already know you are in my prayers and that faith is what gets all of us through the worst of the worst. With that said, I am so angry that this is happening to you. I want to beat up the doctor, I want to scream at anyone on the street and say, what the f*&@!!!! This should not be happening to her. She is good, and kind, and a great mom and perfect teacher, among so many other things. So bad things in the world do NOT visit Toni. That is pure selfishness on my part and for you. I will continue to pray for you and fight for you emotionally and in reality if you need me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will be fine, you will be fine, because we ALL believe in both. What we believe is what will be! I'm rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm bad with word, but I wanted to share that Jordan and Cyrus have added you to their prayer list. We pray that God makes you get better. The road to discovery is the roller coaster ride. The road to recovery is much smoother. Hang in there a little longer. Focus on the prayers and positive energy we are sending you every minute of every day. When it all becomes too much, just rest in The Lords' hands. - Alex

    ReplyDelete