Monday, April 12, 2010

God Rocks!

Let me tell you a little bit about God in a non-preachy, straight forward way. He knew this would happen. He never said we weren't going to have struggles. But he prepares us in ways we could not imagine. One of the things I have noticed in the past two weeks is that for 39 years he has engineered the placement of the most loving, supportive, and genuine people in my life. Close friends of mine will tell you I can't let people go. I feel strongly that once I build a relationship with someone, he/she is in my life forever. Facebook has been a remarkable outlet to be back in touch with so many people who have impacted me throughout my life. Even though I am not "friends", in the true sense of the word "friendship", with everyone on my friend list, I can tell you a story about each person without hesitation. I can tell you how giddy I was to see them join my list. It's not about numbers for me, it's about connections. To see people re-enter my life at a time when I need them the most is God's work. You are all continuing to impact me with your touching concern and your huge hearts!

7 comments:

  1. Toni I agree wholeheartedly that God rocks and that our friends are placed in our paths to help us become all He wants us to be. I am so glad that you are in my life. I know it would have been much harder for me to leave SJHS if I wasn't leaving my students to you. I will keep you in my prayers and please keep me in yours. Kath

    ReplyDelete
  2. As my mom would say to me, it is a "God Wink ;)" (way he taps in)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toni -- I just got home from a trip w/ Todd to see your news. I am devastated but know that God will cradle you in his arms. You are an incredible person -- so beautiful inside and out -- and you WILL be surrounded with support. Please let us know if there is ANYTHING we can do! Beth & Todd

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said and I wholeheartedly agree and feel the same way about people coming into our lives for a reason (maybe it's a Taurus thing???) :) Either way, know that God has put you in our lives for a reason as well - whether to make us smile, think, or to remind us to do something simple that could change and/or save our (and our families') lives. B/c of our reunion a couple of years ago, you, via FB and other ways, have singlehandedly brought HUNDREDS of people together again, who may not otherwise have been. What an impact you are having in everyone's lives! Thanks so much for your courage, strength, and refusal to let anyone go!! We are all better people b/c of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful words, Toni. It's a funny thing to think about -- I feel just as you do about all the warm and generous people I've added to my life over the years, and how they give me the strength I need to get through the inevitable tough times. As you know, I'm about the least religious person you'll come across; I'm a doubter, not a believer, and I tend to recoil at the idea that our lives have a "plan." But even though you and I might see the world differently in philosophical or religious terms, the result, I think, is very much the same, and that's what connects us. My God is the collective love I feel from the people around me, and I'm grateful for that every day. Call it karma, call it God, call it ethical humanism, call it what you will. Whatever it is, it's what life is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Toni, David & Jess contacted me today about your current journey. I am sooo glad that you know and trust our Lord. He is your source of peace. And I can see that you are already turning this trial into a way to help others. This blog (I love the title) will draw the attention of many who are facing the same road. God has chosen this path for you and good WILL come from it. I would love to be a friend and mentor along this path with you. I am a 12 year SURVIVOR ! (bilaterals, chemo & radiation)

    Sending hugs
    David's mom
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all!!
    Terry, 12 years is awesome! Can you send me your email address? Thank you!
    Toni

    ReplyDelete