Sunday, April 11, 2010

It's True: Never, Never, Never Check The Internet!

Within a few days, life became a whirlwind of emotional phone calls and emails. At times I felt positive and strong. At times I felt cheated and scared. But what would terrify me most was the appointment with the surgeon who used one word, one word that plagued me for days, one word that put me in the darkest place, one word I thought would completely change the course of my life. The word: AGGRESSIVE. Now, I'm an English teacher, folks. I know what the word "aggressive" means, but I felt the need to look up what it meant in "cancer speak". Big mistake. It was defined as "growing and spreading rapidly". Then I continued to read about stories of women with aggressive breast cancer. I think I lost ten pounds that weekend.
My advice:
1. Never, never, never check the Internet.
2. Always call your doctor with questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment